A Stainless Steel Threaded Bushing Reducer is a joint between two stainless pipes in the piping system as one of the plumbing fittings to change the size or flow rate in the pipeline.
Types of reducers:
Generally, reducers can be machined as welding, and
Variable types of threaded fittings connections:
- NPT: American National Standard Taper Pipe Thread
- NPS: American National Standard Straight Pipe Thread
- BSPF: British Standard Pipe Fitting
- ACME: Acme thread has a flat apex and valley, and a wider tooth shape than an NPT thread
Besides, according to the line pressure rating divided threaded fittings into:
- ANSI B16.34 class fittings; #150, class #300, class #400, class #600, class #900, class #1500, and class #2500.
- API Spec 6A fittings; prescribes the following seven pressure classes: 2000, 3000, 5000, 10,000, 15,000, 20,000, and 30,000. API 2000, 3000, and 5000.
- ASME class fittings: class 3000, class 6000 ….
However, Forged threaded reducers- ASTM A182 / A182M is the high-pressure fittings, different from Class 150 Stainless Steel Reducer, and they are commonly used for transporting hazardous or corrosive materials.
As a part of the mentioning that there is a difference between a Stainless Steel Bell Reducer and a Hex Bushing reducer in the form of its connections. The bill reducer- or M/M reducer has a female connector on each end. While the Hexagon Bushing- or F/M reducer has a female threaded connection on one end and a male larger threaded connection on the other side, so it can add or connect a smaller or a larger pipe to the line.
Pipe fittings orders should consider:
- The standards of manufacturing standards; such as ISOstandards, ASTM standards e.g. A182, DIN Standards, ASMI standards, ASME (e.g. SA182, B16.11 CSA, ANSI standards, BS Standards, JISC Standards.
- Stainless steel grade; the manufacturers and suppliers specify the grades of fittings as per order. for instances EN standards ( 1.4301, 1.4948, 1.4401, 1.4436, 1.4404, 1.4435, 1.4541, etc.) or ASTM standards ( 304, 304L, 316 Ti, 321, 904 L, etc.)
- Connection specifications such as thread connection type (NPT, BSP, BSPT, DIN2999), or weld type.
- Line pressure to specify the wall thickness of fittings by schedule or class.
- Line outer diameter size – In plumbing, pipe size is referred to as nominal pipe size – NPS, or (Nominal Pipe Size). The metric equivalent is called DN or (diametre nominal)
Jordan Anwar Est can meet your demands with a wide range of Stainless steel threaded bushing reducers in SIZES, and Stainless steel GRADES which compatible with your pipe network.
Moreover, since we are a professional importer and a reliable reseller in Jordan & Middle East as a stockiest for Piping and Pipeline industries we can also fill your requirements with a wide variety of the components you need under one roof for Fittings, Stainless steel pipe, Pumps, Valves, instrumentation, and Line controls.
Available in stock:
Size inlet | outlet: 1/8″… 4″ – DN6…DN100
Pressure: Sch 10…Sch160 – class #150…class 300 – 3000LBS, 6000LBS, 9000LBS
- We are proud to be authorized resellers, in Jordan, the middle east, and worldwide.
- We are ready to provide professional engineering solutions.
- Supply and apply services.
- For more information about this product, please contact us